We have integrated sustainability into our strategic management process. This provides the framework for sustainability management and includes all material ecological, economic, and social aspects. We continue to align our portfolio systematically to sustainability as a growth driver.
Leading beyond chemistry to improve life, today and tomorrow.
Why we care
Our Care Solutions family is highly motivated to contribute to our sustainability development and therefore organized themselves in a new ambassador model. They work together in all regions and functions for a successful portfolio transformation towards next generation products.
How we do it - The CLEANtain Guidebook
WITH THIS FOCUS AREA WE WANT TO...
Higher biomass content including next generation feedstocks
- preserve valuable high carbon stock areas.
- de-escalate the use of tropical oils.
- setup traceable and segregated supply chains to enable fair integration of communities and compliance to human rights.
Fight circularity on agrochemical commodities
- transform fossil starting materials towards renewable next-generation oleochemical resources and de-escalate deforestation.
Diversification of feedstocks
- drive diversification of feedstocks.
- preserve biodiversity globally.
- utilize different side streams and post-production residue with environmental efficacy.
- drive innovation in process technology (more than green chemistry) to offer significant reduction of carbon emission and scalable product platforms
- develop biodegradable products and obtain circularity of biomass based ingredients with lowest aquatic burden
High efficacy, versatility during application
- achieve high eco-application efficacy by lowering the organic and engery impact during application for eco-designed consumer goods
Perceivable consumer/comunity value
- deliver perceivable environmental values and positive contributions to the societies along the value chain
- take transparency as the mandatory principle and the key to assess the environmental performance and grant market compliance